American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Ed Opportunity
Bruno Independent Living Aids is pleased to be an American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Education System approved provider. We know that understanding national accessibility guidelines/requirements and specifying a wheelchair lift for public access can be complicated. We’re here to help!
Consider hosting a Lunch and Learn on “Vertical Platform Lifts for ADA Access” for your team, and participants will receive one learning unit.
Provider: Bruno Independent Living Aids
Course: Vertical Platform Lifts for ADA Access
Length: 1 Hour
Credits: 1 Learning Unit
A Vertical Platform Lift (VPL) is a cost and space effective solution for overcoming vertical barriers to access. Explore the technical and design aspects of the equipment as well as creating an understanding of the applications and regulations that dictate how to properly specify a VPL for your clients.
- Define VPL configurations and their appropriate applications for vertical access.
- Provide an overview of the ASME A18.1 Safety Standards and the ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessibility Guidelines.
- Help you to better understand the ADA requirements as they pertain to equipment options and configurations.
- Introduce you to some of the resources available for designing a VPL into your projects.
- None. In addition, we’ll provide your team lunch!
Participants will receive one learning unit.
Learn from industry experts with significant experience with ADA-related codes and hands-on knowledge of specifying and installing commercial vertical platform/ wheelchair lifts.
Get More Information
Please use the form below to contact Bruno about this Continuing Education opportunity.